The Parrot ZIK Touch Activated Bluetooth Headphones, created by Phillipe Starck, combine a beautiful and aesthetic design with impressive, high-end advanced technology.
Equipped with four active microphones, these superior headphones feature best-in-class patented Active Noise Cancellation (ANC). The Parrot ZIK headphones achieve up to 98% noise reduction almost completely isolating noise and sound from the external environment. Very impressive.
One of the most unique features of the Parrot ZIK headphones is the head detection sensor hidden in the foam of the ear piece that is able to detect when you have the headphones in place over your ears and when you have removed the headphones. The sensor will pause and restart the music. Simply take the headphones off of your ears to pause the music so you can turn your focus to someone who might be trying to get your attention and have a conversation with you. Place the headphones back over your ears and resume listening to the music where you left off. Now how cool and convenient is that?
The headphone usability is unmatched with an innovative interface based on a touch-sensitive panel built into the right ear cup. When the Parrot headphones are connected to your music source via Bluetooth, a simple up and down swipe increases and lowers the volume, and a forward and back swipe lets you easily navigate or skip music tracks.
The Parrot ZIK headphones deliver astounding true-to-life sound, a capability that they call the “Parrot Concert Hall” effect. The impressive audio sensation approaches the sound of a live concert and provides a more natural way to listen to music, an improvement over most other typical wireless headphones.
Keep up with the latest wireless technology with two wireless solutions, Bluetooth and Near Field Communication (NFC). No wires or cables to get tangled up in, you can use the wireless connection to make crystal clear phone calls or listen to full range concert hall quality audio. You can choose to control phone calls and music with voice recognition, from the headphone’s touch panel or with the Parrot Audio Suite App available for both iPhone and Android smartphones.
The Parrot Audio Suite is an exclusive downloadable app for your smartphone that enables you to control your music through the wireless Bluetooth or NFC interface. With the Parrot Audio Suite, you’re able to manipulate all of the audio settings to customize and enhance the sound to your personal preference.
Audio streaming and device control is compatible with all Bluetooth enabled devices and the Parrot ZIK headphones is also integrated with NFC (Near Field Communications) letting you easily pair, connect and enjoy music from NFC compatible devices.
The Parrot ZIK Bluetooth headphones are designed with two directional microphones and a jawbone conductor that captures your jawbone sound vibration and merges it with the sound of your voice for clearer phone calls, even in noisy environments. And another really convenient capability of the embedded head detection sensor, if you receive a phone call while listening to music, you can simply remove your headphones and your call will be automatically transferred back to your smartphone. Very smart and convenient.
Parrot Zik Bluetooth Headphones Key Features
- Sleek and modern design, very appealing and slick.
- Four active microphones provide superior Active Noise Cancellation (ANC).
- Easy to use touch-sensitive panel built in.
- Unique and convenient head detection sensor.
- “Parrot Concert Hall” for stunning audio realism.
- Bluetooth wireless connectivity.
- NFC capability (pairing works with Android Jelly Bean today).
- Parrot Audio Suite downloadable app for iPhone and Android smartphones.
Parrot ZIK Bluetooth Headphones by Starck – Interview with Henri Seydoux and Philippe Starck
Parrot ZIK Touch Activated Bluetooth headphones Specifications
- Full dynamic frequency from 10 HZ to 20 KHz.
- 3.5 mm headphone jack for analog line in.
- Powered by a rechargeable Lithium Ion Battery.
- 6-hour usage time with all features activated.
- 18-hour usage time with only ANC activated.
- Longer 24-hour standby time.
- Bluetooth V 2.1 with AVRCP, A2DP, and HFP profiles.
- Downloadable apps for both iPhone and Android smartphones.
Parrot ZIK Touch Activated Bluetooth Headphones – What’s In The Box?
- Mini jack cable designed by Starck.
- Micro USB cable for charging and updating software.
- Protective lined carrying pouch.
- Quick start user guide provided in eight languages.
- The Parrot ZIK Bluetooth Headphones (of course).
The Parrot Audio Studio App for iPhone and Android Smartphones
Here’re a few screenshots of the Parrot Audio Studio app, available to download for free for both the iPhone and Android smartphones.
Experience the unmistakable style, sleek design and stunning technology of the Parrot ZIK Touch Activated Bluetooth Headphones.
The Natural Acoustic iPhone Amplifier is a remarkable example of Italian design that combines aesthetic beauty with classic handcrafted porcelain materials and at the same time, bridges a previous “time gone by” generation of passive acoustic technology with the newest generation of modern technology.
The Acoustic iPhone Amplifier is a passive ceramic amplifier manufactured in Italy designed to amplify the music from an iPhone or iPod. It works on the same resonant acoustic principle as the old-fashioned Victrola phonographs. Now there’s some imagery from the past.
In exquisite Italian fashion, the amplifier is handcrafted of slip-cast ceramic fired in Vincenza. Located in the north-eastern Italy, Vincenza has been distinguished since the 18th century for traditional high-quality ceramics that have been compared to the finest Chinese porcelain. The porcelain is made from clay that comes from Montelupo Fiorentino. This area in Tuscany has been the focal point of Italian ceramics production going all the way back to the Renaissance period.
The curvature of the ceramic horn creates a passive audio amplifier that augments the resonant tones emanating from the iPhone speaker. The passive acoustic amplifier doesn’t require any auxiliary power or external speakers, this is purely a natural acoustic function. You simply place your iPhone or iPod in the cradle of the ceramic horn. And the beautifully crafted walnut base supports the ceramic horn with minimal contact for optimal acoustic performance.
Natural Ceramic Acoustic iPhone Amplifier Demonstration
Because the technology is purely acoustic (no electronic interface), iPhone compatibility is not an issue. This beautiful ceramic acoustic iPhone amplifier will work with all iPhone and iPod versions including iPhone 4, 4S, 3G, 3GS, iPhone, iPod touch 1-4th Gen, and the iPod touch with cover. The dimensions of the acoustic iPhone amplifier are 17 3/4 inches in length, by 12 1/2 inches in width by 13 1/4 inches in height, and weighs 5 1/2 pounds.
As much a beautiful work of art and conversation piece, the Natural Acoustic iPhone Amplifier will make an exquisite and unique addition to your home.
For so many music enthusiasts, one of the biggest attractions to the iPod, iPhone and iPad is the easy and convenient way to collect and enjoy virtually any kind of music through iTunes. And today for so many folks, they turn to their iPod or iPhone exclusively to listen to their favorite music. If most or all of the music you enjoy is through your iPod, iPhone or iPad, what happens if you’d like to listen to your music throughout the house? Now you can easily stream your music to any room of the house wirelessly with the iHome iW1 AirPlay Wireless Stereo Speaker System.
The iHome iW1 AirPlay Wireless Stereo Speaker System is a super convenient and ideal audio solution for iTunes, iPhone and iPod owners that leverages the latest technology from Apple to stream your music throughout the house. With Apple’s AirPlay wireless audio streaming technology, you can play your favorite music anywhere in the house using your home Wi-Fi network.
iHome iW1 AirPlay Wireless Stereo Speaker System Features
- AirPlay wireless audio streaming over Wi-Fi networks
- iHome iW1 AirPlay is certified for 802.11b and 802.11g Wi-Fi network technologies. AirPlay is a built-in feature with Apple devices that enables users to stream audio wirelessly from their iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, and iTunes. AirPlay works wherever there is a Wi-Fi network.
- Simple, easy and quick wireless setup with the iHome application technology.
- Convenient and simple network setup and custom device naming using iHome Connect, a FREE app available on the iTunes app store (available for iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch).
- Attractive, sleek design will look great in any room of the house.
- Includes a handheld IR remote to control the streaming of your music from a distance. The IR remote and the speaker control panel supports play/pause, next track, previous track, and the volume control on your iPad, iPhone, iPod touch.
- Rechargeable battery with charging base and carrying handle for use anywhere at home, in-doors and outside.
- You can also recharge the battery by connecting to your iPod or iPhone through the USB port using the included USB cable.
- Includes an aux-in input as well. You can connect any music device with the analog 3.5mm stereo auxiliary input.
- Real-time high-fidelity audio signal enhancing technology. Digital signal processing extends the audio bandwidth effectively improves brightness, clarity and presence as well as delivers deeper and more resonant bass.
If you’ve been looking for a simple way to enjoy your iTunes music collection from anywhere in your house, you’ll want to try the iHome iW1 AirPlay Wireless Stereo Speaker System.
Millions of people love to play Angry Birds. Well, now you can listen to the Angry Birds sing (or maybe that should be squawk) with these new Angry Bird Speakers. For all those Angry Birds fans out there, these Angry Birds Speakers are a cool way to listen to your favorite music. Just plug these speakers into your favorite device (iPhones, iPods, iPads, MP3 Players, notebook computers, etc.) and enjoy the music audio.
There are actually three different versions of the Angry Birds Speakers. They don’t all work with the same range of devices so be careful and make sure you choose the right one.
Angry Birds Speakers Come In Three Different Versions
- Red Bird: Compatible with anything you can plug a 3.5 mm jack into. That’s just about any music player, any phone, any tablet, and any gaming system. If you can plug headphones into it will work with the Red Bird speakers. The included stand will hold up most devices, but isn’t necessary for the function of Red Bird as a speaker. ($64.99 at ThinkGeek)
- Black Bird: Compatible with iPod, iPad, and iPhone only (specific models below in specifications). You can dock your iPod, iPad and iPhone device on the included stand and the Black Bird will amplify and play your music. ($84.99 at ThinkGeek)
- Helmet Pig: Compatible with iPod and iPhone only (specific models below in specifications). You can dock your device on top of Pig’s helmet to play your favorite tunes. ($99.99 at ThinkGeek)
The Helmet Pig model is designed for the iPod and iPhone only and comes with a built-in iPod and iPhone dock.
Angry Bird Speakers Specifications
- 2:1 stereo speakers, each speaker rated at 30 watts
- Adjustable volume and bass tone controls
- Stand for your phone, mp3 player, or tablet included
- Choose from three different versions
- Red Bird: works with any device that supports headphones with a 3.5mm jack.
- Black Bird: Only works with iPod, iPad and iPhone.
- Helmet Pig: Only works with iPod and iPhone
- iPhone, iPhone 3G/S, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S
- iPod mini, iPod Classic, iPod with video, iPod Nano (1st-5th), iPod Touch (1st-4th)
- iPad, iPad 2 (Red Bird and Black Bird only)
- The Angry Birds Speakers are officially licensed Angry Birds collectibles
Price: $64.99 to $99.99 (price varies by model, see above)
Everybody loves good music with good audio quality. Your iPhone may produce a good-enough sound quality for casual listening. But as an avid music lover, you may prefer a higher quality sound system for your iPhone (and iPod too), and there are situations where you may want to pump up the volume. What you’re looking for is the Fluance FiSDK500 iPhone speaker dock.
Fluance is associated with high-end quality and the Fluance FiSDK500 iPhone Speaker Doc does not disappoint, offering you a high quality speaker system matching a home theatre system. It comes with many high-end features such as two full-range woofers, an audio grade wood cabinet, ultra high-end tweeters, composite input and output jacks and a built in amplifier. At the same time, to live up to their home theatre system image, this speaker has a piano black glossy finish, to highlight the exclusive quality and workmanship.
There are several advantages of this iPhone and iPod speaker dock. First, a remote control is included. With the remote control, it’s much easier for you to make changes to the speaker settings to suit your preferences. Also, the audio functionality is designed to emulate that of a home theatre system. For example, the unit remains in standby mode when you power it down, very consumer friendly.
A few things to watch out for, keep in mind that the Fluance FiSDK500 iPhone Speaker Doc does not run on battery, so this is not a portable unit. The high-end speaker system requires the AC/DC power to operate the higher powered audio amplifiers. It’s also been reported that you can experience a bit of audio distortion at really high volume. But at the majority of the output range, the sound quality is outstanding, distortion free and clean.
Despite a few of these shortcomings, overall, the Fluance FiSDK500 iPhone Speaker Doc is a great quality speaker system, and for under $200, it comes in at a good price compared to other comparable systems that can cost much more.