With today’s modern cars, everything is computerized and micro-processor controlled. While cars are technologically smarter these days, it’s definitely more complex for the car owner to make sense out of the many things that can go wrong with a vehicle.
Interestingly, modern vehicles in the US are required by standards to be equipped with the ODB-2 diagnostic and reporting capability. The On Board Diagnostic (ODB-2) system enables the vehicle to report on the various sub-systems throughout the car and identify problems and areas that might be malfunctioning or need attention. Typically, you need to take your car to the the repair shop and have a technician plug in a diagnostic device to get a reading or report from the ODB-2 system. And this places you at the mercy of the repair technician to give you an honest assessment of the items, problems and issues reported.
Now, with the CarMD Vechicle Health System Diagonostic Reader, you can access the same ODB-2 reporting system as the repair shop. With this access to the vehicle’s self diagnostic system, you can easily achieve peace of mind before you take your car into the mechanic for maintenance or repairs. This helps you keep your repair shop honest when you can see the same diagnostic information they do.
The CarMD Vehicle Health System Diagnostic Reader is simple to use, and it’s nice and compact storing easily inside your car’s glove compartment or even in your purse. The ODB-2 diagnostic system is standardized today so this device will work perfectly with almost all of the newer vehicles out there. Actually, the ODB system has been required on vehicles in North America since 1996.
You simply plug the CarMD diagnostic reader into the standard port, usually at the bottom or under the dash, and in a matter of seconds, the color coded display begins reporting on your vehicle’s health and showing you if you have any hidden problems. This is also an ideal tool when you’re shopping for used cars and you want to quickly evaluate the current mechanical condition of a vehicle. The CarMD vehicle health system reader even helps you determine if you’ll pass an emissions test in advance.
Once you’ve gathered the diagnostic information from your car, you simply plug the CarMD tool into your PC or MAC using the included USB cable. The provided software as well as an online website helps you generate a detailed diagnostic report about your car and even provides estimated repair costs if necessary. When you know in advance before you visit the repair shop what your repair items, parts and labor costs look like, you can make better decisions and be prepared in advance to better manage your vehicle repairs.
See the CarMD Vehicle Health System Diagnostic Reader demonstration
With the CarMD Vehicle Health System Monitor, it’s like you have your own personal car doctor for your vehicle looking out for you. With the CarMD tool, you can eliminate most of the worry and anxiety you encounter when you have to service your car. Now you can more easily protect yourself against overpaying for automobile repairs.
CarMD is the personal car doctor for your vehicle. It’s a comprehensive system that eliminates the worry and anxiety of what to expect when servicing your vehicle. Avoid overpaying for vehicle repairs with the CarMD Vehicle Health System.
Some of the CarMD Vehicle Health System Diagnostic Reader Features:
- Find out why your car’s “check engine” light is on.
- Determine in advance what needs to be fixed and what parts and labor will cost before visiting the repair shop.
- For the DIY inclined, you can save money and time by repairing simple problems on your own.
- Read and retrieve diagnostic codes from the following vehicle systems: Powertrain (Check Engine–vehicle sensors), Body (ABS–brake system), and chassis (SRS–safety system).
- Gain access to CarMD’s ASE Certified Technicians with a toll-free number should you encounter any problems while on the road.
- Find out in advance if your car will pass an emissions or smog test.
- Produce and generate money-saving diagnostic reports.
- CarMD works on all 1996 and newer vehicles in North America. Includes cars, light-duty trucks, minivans, hybrid vehicles, SUVs, foreign and domestic.
- CarMD plugs into your car’s ODB-2 port connector, usually found under the car’s steering wheel. Manufacturers are actually allowed to place the connector in nine different locations. CarMD makes it easy to locate the ODB-2 port by providing a photo of the precise location for your car when you select your vehicle’s year, make and model.
- CarMD supports both PC and Mac computers.
Take the worry and guess-work out of maintaining and repairing your vehicle with the easy-to-use CarMD Vechicle Health System Diagnostic Reader.
There’s a good chance if you own a newer model car in the US, you already have a satellite radio included with the automobile. But what if you have an older model car and you’d like to enjoy the convenience of XM and Sirius satellite radio no matter where you travel in your car? The XM Snap SiriusXM Satellite Car Radio is the absolute easiest satellite radio you can find to enable your older model car with satellite radio.
The XM Snap SiriusXM Satellite Car Radio, just like the product name suggests, is an absolute snap to install and setup straight out of the box in your car. You simply plug the XM Snap satellite radio into your vehicle’s cigarette lighter or power adapter socket, connect the antenna and you’re all set! Then you simply tune your car’s FM receiver to a pre-set station and you’re able to listen to the full spectrum of SiriusXM satellite radio stations right through your car’s existing radio. Of course, you’ll also need a subscription to SiriusXM (not included with the XM Snap satellite radio).
XM Snap SiriusXM Satellite Car Radio Features and Specifications
- Super easy to install, simple controls make it a snap to operate.
- Listen to your favorite SiriusXM satellite radio stations through your vehicles existing radio.
- Now you can listen to SiriusXM satellite radio wherever you travel in your car.
- Easily store your favorite satellite radio channels with one-touch access on the display panel.
- The flexible stalk is fully adjustable with a swivel that allows for convenient placement in your vehicle . Makes it easy to place the satellite radio for convenient access to the controls and to view the display.
- You can view the artist’s name, song title, program title and channel information on the easy-to-read, high contrast XM Snap satellite radio display.
- Simply adjust the arrow keys to navigate through the satellite radio categories and the use the rotary knob to change the channels.
- The XM Snap satellite radio requires an FM Radio or Aux-In capability on your car’s existing radio (this covers 99% of all the car radios out there). You can use the included Aux-In Cable if your vehicle radio has Aux-In capability for good performance.
- Power Requirements: 9-16 V DC, 500 mA (max)
- Operating Temperature: -4°F to +140°F (-20°C to +60°C)
- Audio Output: 1.0 VRMS (max)
- XM Magnetic Mount vehicle antenna type
- SMB female, right angle connector
XM Snap SiriusXM Satellite Car Radio Dimensions
- Aux-In Cable Connectors: 1/8 inch (3.5 mm) stereo male to 1/8 inch (3.5 mm) stereo male
- Cable Length: 4 ft (1.2 m)
- Radio Control Unit: 2.7 inches in width, by 3.13 inches in height, by 0.6 inches in depth
- Flexible Stalk: 0.43 inches in diameter by 3.1 inches in length.
- Base/Mount: 1.3 inches in width by 4.4 inches in length
- Weight: 5.3 oz (151 g)
If you’ve been looking for an easy way to provide satellite radio in your car, the XM Snap SiriusXM Satellite Car Radio is the perfect solution.
Nothing is more inconvenient and uncomfortable than clearing the snow, ice and frost off of your windshield first thing in the morning when it’s freezing cold outside. The Heated Windshield Washer Fluid System from Alphatherm will make your life much easier with this ingenious heated fluid windshield clearing device. This system provides heated washer fluid to quickly remove frost and ice from your windshield.
The Heated Windshield Washer Fluid System connects to the car battery and the windshield washer fluid reservoir and its internal heating element warms the windshield washer fluid to between 143º F and 150º F in about 30 seconds. The heated fluid instantly melts ice (eliminating the need to scrape the windshield), helps clear frozen spray nozzles, and easily frees windshield wiper blades that get stuck to because of ice or snow. While driving, the heated fluid helps prevent ice from building up on your wiper blades and windshield wiper arms.
The Heated Windshield Washer Fluid System – Side by Side Comparision
Installation is relatively simple and straightforward. If you’re mechanically inclined and like to work under the hood, installing the Heated Windshield Washer Fluid System should be a breeze for you. If not, any qualified local auto mechanic will be able to easily install this system for you. See the following video for an installation demonstration.
The Heated Windshield Washer Fluid System – Demonstration and Installation
The unit draws an average of only 2 Amps from your car battery while operating and heating the washer fluid. This is less than 1% of a typical car battery’s electrical power. And the system automatically shuts off when the engine is turned off, so no problems with battery drain.
The Heated Windshield Washer Fluid System is not only useful for clearing snow and ice off of your windshield. During the warmer months of the year, the heated fluid helps remove insects, road grime, and tree sap much more effectively than cool windshield washer fluid.
I am a gamer and I enjoy games, especially ones that involves car racing, hot wheels and police pursuit (come on, you know what game I mean). I usually play games on my computer or my laptop and the arrow keys are my main control keys. But, pressing up and down or left and right doesn’t really satisfy my need for more excitement in the game. That’s where Thrustmaster Ferrari F1 Wheel Integral T500 comes in.
As most people know, Ferrari is a well know sports car manufacturer. The Trustmaster Ferrari F1 wheel integral T500 is designed to replicate F1 car power. Imagine yourself racing (via PC or game console of course) with a built-in industrial-class engine (150 mNm torque, 3000 rpm, 65 W, Ø 52) delivering force feedback effects that could can literally give you the realistic feeling of racing an actual car. Its designs and gadgets mimic the real deal and this may be as close as you get for most of us who can’t really afford a real Ferrari.
The wheel is also equipped with an internal dual belt that gives you the feel of flexibility and that smooth ride. If that isn’t enough, the wheel is also equipped with H.E.A.R.T. I don’t mean that the wheel is emotional, no. H.E.A.R.T stands for HallEffect AccuRate Technology providing you with precision in your steering. No more pressing up for acceleration, or pressing left and right to steer. The pure adjustable metal pedal and the smooth wheel of the Thrustmaster Ferrari F1 Wheel Integral T500 will satisfy your need for speed.
Currently, the automobile industry is brimming with the latest vehicles, boasting high-end stereo systems that can be sync to your phone. So much has changed so quickly with stereo and entertainment features in today’s vehicles. It was only a few years ago that I test-drove a car that still had a cassette player, and this was a $100,000.00 luxury model! If you had not had the chance to drive a new vehicle with the latest in car gadgets, you might want to give the latest O Car iPhone Stereo Controller a shot.
The heart of any sound system is the head unit, which enables the user to listen to the radio or soundtracks on the iPhone, by integrating the phone into the entire sound system. The iPhone dock was specifically designed to serve this purpose, which renders the head unit obsolete. Also, it’s flexible enough to rotate your phone. In addition, apps incorporated into the system include audio settings adjustments and radio.
Bluetooth connectivity will permit any device that is Bluetooth-enabled to connect to the car. In the case of a cell phone, the driver is able to receive calls without having to lift and hold the phone. This is a wonderful advancement in communications, especially in regard to safety.
However, with a price tag of $300, this system might burn a hole in your pocket, depending on your budget. Ultimately, we have to ask ourselves, which items are worth the money and which are ones that you can live without?