The Parrot ZIK Touch Activated Bluetooth Headphones, created by Phillipe Starck, combine a beautiful and aesthetic design with impressive, high-end advanced technology.
Equipped with four active microphones, these superior headphones feature best-in-class patented Active Noise Cancellation (ANC). The Parrot ZIK headphones achieve up to 98% noise reduction almost completely isolating noise and sound from the external environment. Very impressive.
One of the most unique features of the Parrot ZIK headphones is the head detection sensor hidden in the foam of the ear piece that is able to detect when you have the headphones in place over your ears and when you have removed the headphones. The sensor will pause and restart the music. Simply take the headphones off of your ears to pause the music so you can turn your focus to someone who might be trying to get your attention and have a conversation with you. Place the headphones back over your ears and resume listening to the music where you left off. Now how cool and convenient is that?
The headphone usability is unmatched with an innovative interface based on a touch-sensitive panel built into the right ear cup. When the Parrot headphones are connected to your music source via Bluetooth, a simple up and down swipe increases and lowers the volume, and a forward and back swipe lets you easily navigate or skip music tracks.
The Parrot ZIK headphones deliver astounding true-to-life sound, a capability that they call the “Parrot Concert Hall” effect. The impressive audio sensation approaches the sound of a live concert and provides a more natural way to listen to music, an improvement over most other typical wireless headphones.
Keep up with the latest wireless technology with two wireless solutions, Bluetooth and Near Field Communication (NFC). No wires or cables to get tangled up in, you can use the wireless connection to make crystal clear phone calls or listen to full range concert hall quality audio. You can choose to control phone calls and music with voice recognition, from the headphone’s touch panel or with the Parrot Audio Suite App available for both iPhone and Android smartphones.
The Parrot Audio Suite is an exclusive downloadable app for your smartphone that enables you to control your music through the wireless Bluetooth or NFC interface. With the Parrot Audio Suite, you’re able to manipulate all of the audio settings to customize and enhance the sound to your personal preference.
Audio streaming and device control is compatible with all Bluetooth enabled devices and the Parrot ZIK headphones is also integrated with NFC (Near Field Communications) letting you easily pair, connect and enjoy music from NFC compatible devices.
The Parrot ZIK Bluetooth headphones are designed with two directional microphones and a jawbone conductor that captures your jawbone sound vibration and merges it with the sound of your voice for clearer phone calls, even in noisy environments. And another really convenient capability of the embedded head detection sensor, if you receive a phone call while listening to music, you can simply remove your headphones and your call will be automatically transferred back to your smartphone. Very smart and convenient.
Parrot Zik Bluetooth Headphones Key Features
- Sleek and modern design, very appealing and slick.
- Four active microphones provide superior Active Noise Cancellation (ANC).
- Easy to use touch-sensitive panel built in.
- Unique and convenient head detection sensor.
- “Parrot Concert Hall” for stunning audio realism.
- Bluetooth wireless connectivity.
- NFC capability (pairing works with Android Jelly Bean today).
- Parrot Audio Suite downloadable app for iPhone and Android smartphones.
Parrot ZIK Bluetooth Headphones by Starck – Interview with Henri Seydoux and Philippe Starck
Parrot ZIK Touch Activated Bluetooth headphones Specifications
- Full dynamic frequency from 10 HZ to 20 KHz.
- 3.5 mm headphone jack for analog line in.
- Powered by a rechargeable Lithium Ion Battery.
- 6-hour usage time with all features activated.
- 18-hour usage time with only ANC activated.
- Longer 24-hour standby time.
- Bluetooth V 2.1 with AVRCP, A2DP, and HFP profiles.
- Downloadable apps for both iPhone and Android smartphones.
Parrot ZIK Touch Activated Bluetooth Headphones – What’s In The Box?
- Mini jack cable designed by Starck.
- Micro USB cable for charging and updating software.
- Protective lined carrying pouch.
- Quick start user guide provided in eight languages.
- The Parrot ZIK Bluetooth Headphones (of course).
The Parrot Audio Studio App for iPhone and Android Smartphones
Here’re a few screenshots of the Parrot Audio Studio app, available to download for free for both the iPhone and Android smartphones.
Experience the unmistakable style, sleek design and stunning technology of the Parrot ZIK Touch Activated Bluetooth Headphones.
Atmel, the world’s largest supplier touch sensing solutions, introduces XSense, a breakthrough film-based flexible touch sensor technology that can be used on curved surfaces and edges. XSense enables capacitive touchscreen applications and designs that previously have not been possible.
With XSense, smartphone, tablet, and ultrabook manufacturers will be able to design lighter, sleeker, curved and edgeless touch screen enabled solutions. XSense touch screen technology will also offers better optical clarity, thinner and lighter solutions, and lower power consumption.
Imagine a new generation of smartphone devices equipped with an “edgeless” touchscreen without the familiar bezel around the edge. Or curved devices with a touchscreen that literally wraps around the contour of the surface.
XSense Flexible Touch Screen Demonstration
Atmel is providing XSense touch sensor samples to OEM manufacturers now, and limited production quantities are expected to start shipping in Q3 2012.
Source: Atmel XSense Touch Sense
Your cluttered desktop is full of obstacles like your computer mouse, coffee mugs, staplers, notebook computers, etc., right? Maybe you didn’t realize, but this clutter creates the ideal obstacle driving course for the Desk Pet Tankbots. These clever little mini-robot remote controlled gadgets are actually masters at navigating in and around any maze.
The amusing little Desk Pet Tankbot is equipped with an advanced optical navigation technology. It can search at detect any obstacle in its path at easily navigate around it. This is the pinnacle of procrastination busting, robotic desktop entertainment at its best.
This ingenious little Desk Pet Tankbot can operate in three different modes.
- Touchless navigation – detects objects in its path with optical navigation technology and can automatically navigate through the maze on your desktop.
- Autonomous personality mode – spins around and shows off its lights and sounds.
- Smartphone control – use your Smartphone or iPhone as a remote control to steer and guide the Desk Pet Tankbot.
And what’s better than one Tankbot. Well, two tankbots, of course! Desk Pet Tankbots can “fire” infrared shots at each other and the tankbot optical sensors can detect when they’ve been hit. After enough shots, the winner disables the loser.
Smartphone Controlled Desk Pet Tankbots Demonstration
Smartphone Controlled Desk Pet Tankbots Features
- Avoids and steers around obstacles with advanced optical navigation technology.
- The little tankbot has a personality too with light-up eyes and cute little robot sounds.
- Tankbots are randomly picked from four different colors (Grey ,Blue, Orange, and Green). Sorry, you can’t order the color you prefer, but they’re all great Tankbot colors.
- Come on, you know your desk needs a maze-navigating tank robot.
- Three modes of operation: touchless navigation, autonomous personality mode, smartphone remote control.
- Compatible with iOS devices and Android devices (2.1 and up), you can download the free remote control tankbot app from the App Store or Android Market.
- Insert the DeskPet Universal Remote into your headphone jack to control your TankBot.
- Includes the integrated USB flip out connector to recharge using your computer USB port.
- Automatic shut-off after 3 minutes of inactivity to conserve battery life.
- Internal rechargeable battery provides 15 minutes of tankbot play time from a 40 minute battery charge.
- Suitable for Ages 8 and Up
A Desk Pet Tankbot (or two) provides hours of desktop mini-robot fun entertainment. Get your Desk Pet Tankbot today!
Have you ever seen a Gecko scale the side of a wall? They seem to have these sticky feet that can grab onto just about any surface. Here’s a simple gadget that works kind of like the Gecko’s sticky feet called the Grippy Pad.
The Grippy Pad is made with an advanced silicone material that can grip just about anything. This amazing material performs its sticky magic without magnets, velcro or messy adhesives. So when you’re done using the Grippy Pad to afix something in place, there’s no sticky or gummy glues or adhesive residue left behind. It’s really amazing actually!
While the Grippy Pad can grab hold all kinds of different objects and affix them to a surface, the most popular usage is to temporarily attach your iPhone, Smartphone or GPS navigator to the dashboard or other suitable surface in your car. Simply stick the Grippy Pad on your car’s dashboard and then place your device that you want to attach on top of the Grippy Pad and they’ll be held securely in place. And when you’re ready to detach your device, just pull it off the Grippy Pad with ease and you’re ready to go. No sticky or gummy residue ever left behind. Very smart!
The Grippy Pad is available in four different colours; Grey, Black, Clear and Red. The Grippy Pad is impervious to water, high temperatures and sunlight and it will work virtually anywhere. The pad never needs replenishing of any kind, and when the stickiness begins to fade, simply wipe the Grippy Pad with a damp cloth and the sticky grabbing power is good as new.
Grippy Pad Product Features:
- Anti-slip pad for iPhones, iPads, Smartphones, GPS navigators, and all sorts of other gadgets.
- Works great on a horizontal as well as a vertical surface.
- Resistant to water, high temperatures and sunlight.
- Simple and convenient to clean, just wipe with a damp cloth.
- Made of an advanced high quality and durable silicone material.
As technology advances, some of the most useful innovations to come along are actually really simple. Maybe a little bit of magic, but simple nonetheless. How many times have you tried to find an easy way to prop up your iPhone or Smartphone against the dashboard of your car? Now the problem is solved. You’ll be amazed at just how well the Grippy Pad works, and it’s really inexpensive too!
It’s winter and it’s cold outside. No way you’re going to take off your gloves or mittens to use your iPhone or Smartphone. We recently showed you a great smartphone compatible glove solution from AGloves that lets you use your phone with your gloves on. However, unlike the capacitive touch screen gloves that have conductive fibers woven into the gloves, Digits Condutive Glove Pins are a less expensive solution that actually convert your existing gloves or mittens into touchscreen compatible gloves.
Digits Conductive Glove Pins work with any pair of gloves or mittens that you already own. With these conductive glove pins, you can easily convert your gloves into smartphone compatible gloves that let you operate touch screen devices without having to take your gloves off.
Here’s how the Digits Conductive Glove Pins Work
Digits conductive glove pins are made of a conductive silicone material and have a metal pin on the back that attach to your glove. To install, you simply place the back side of the conductive pin digit with the post inside of the fingertip of the glove and push through. Then you twist the other side of the silicone pad onto the post.
The Digits Conductive Glove Pins are really easy to install. Each set comes with four conductive glove pins and you can mix and match anyway you want. For example, you could place all four conductive pins on a single pair of gloves. Or you could install two glove pins on the fingers of two separate pairs of gloves.
The Digits Conductive Glove Pins are compatible with most touchscreen devices including iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, Android phones, and more. Next time you’re outside in the bitter cold and your phone rings, keep your gloves on and skip the frostbite with a set of Digits Conductive Glove Pins!