New devices with 3D technology are being released every day. Since the release of the Nintendo 3DS other mobile manufacturers have been focusing on integrating 3D technology into their devices in order to gain market share and make more sales. The latest 3D gadget is the HTC EVO 3D which is not only able to display three dimensional images but also captures pictures in 3D.
The HTC EVO 3D or a better name for it is the glasses-free 3D smartphone is set to be released by Sprint in the US currently, with Europe being able to get their hands on it in July.
One of the first details we noticed with the HTC EVO 3D is the improved camera which is able to take 3D photos with up to 2 megapixel resolution. Also available is the full HD camcorder with what’s known as zero shutter lag. If you do not know what this means then basically it means there is no delay between triggering the shutter and when the photograph is actually recorded.
Secondly, the HTC EVO 3D allows streaming of photos and videos to a large flat screen TV via Digital Living Network Alliance (DLNA). This would be an excellent feature if information on the phone is to be shared with larger audiences.
HTC EVO 3D Features
- Processor: 1.2 GHz, dual core
- Storage: 1 GB storage with microSD Expansion slot:
- Memory: 1 GB RAM
- Connectors: 3.5 mm stereo audio jack
- Supported Audio Format: Playback:.aac, .amr, .ogg, .m4a, .mid, .mp3, .wav, .wma (Windows Media Audio 9)
- Supported Video Format: 3gp, .3g2, .mp4, .wmv (Windows Media Video 9), .avi (MP4 ASP and MP3), .xvid (MP4 ASP and MP3)
- Battery type: Rechargeable Lithium-ion battery
- Platform: Android™ 2.3 (Gingerbread) with HTC Sense™
- Camera: Dual 5 megapixel color camera (2D photos with 5 megapixel resolution and 3D photos with up to 2 megapixel resolution). Front camera 1.3 megapixel fixed focus color camera. HD video recording: Record 2D/3D videos with up to 720p resolution.
- Internet: 3G, GPRS, EDGE, Wi-Fi
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth® 3.0