FXI Technologies has recently just released in limited availability the Cotton Candy miniaturized dual-core PC computer the size of a USB flash drive.
The FXI cotton candy is referred to as an “any screen computer” which really means it’s a tiny miniaturized fully capable PC computer that doesn’t come with a screen or monitor. These miniaturized computer devices are ideal for embeded applications including portable set top box gaming and entertainment equipment, mobile “any screen” computing, and a full range of specialized applications including medical, automotive, security, surveillance, and other dedicated solutions.
This tiny fully contained computer is packed with impressive raw horsepower and offers integrated HDMI, USB and MicroUSB connectivity for surprising flexibility in the portable market.
And let’s talk about just how how tiny and compact. The Cotton Candy miniaturized PC on a stick weighs only 21 grams. That’s just a little over 1/2 ounce. The dimensions of this super miniaturized computer are roughly 3 inches in length and a bit over 1/2 inch in width.
The cotton candy architecture will lend itself as an ideal add on to smartphones, tablet computers and notebook PCs including Macs. In addition, the device is perfect for adding intelligent computing capabilities to displays, set top boxes and gaming consoles.
FXI Cotton Candy Technical Specifications
- ARM® Cortex™ A9 1.2GHz Central Processing Unit (CPU) with NEON extensions and Trustzone extensions.
- ARM® Mali™ 400MP Graphics Processing Unit (GPU) delivers 720p and 1080p OpenGL ES v2.0, can process 30M Polygons and 1.2 GPixels per second.
- Wifi 802.11 b/g/n network connectivity.
- Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR.
- 1GB DRAM memory.
- Up to 64GB expandable memory with microSD local storage.
- Supports standard OS’s including, Android (Gingerbread and Ice Cream Sandwich), Linux (Ubuntu), and includes embedded virtualization client for Windows, Linux, Mac.
- USB 2.0 port for power and connection to devices that support USB mass storage.
- HDMI 2.1 port with audio.
- Decodes MPEG-4, H.264 and other video formats, displays HD graphics on any HDMI equipped screen.
FXI Technologies (www.fxitech.com) is a Norway-based hardware and software startup with a focus on improving the world of digital screens with smart and personal capabilities. This includes initiatives
- Improving consumer access to Cloud computing.
- Accelerate the adoption and use of “smart screen” technologies.
- Easy ability to share media and content (videos, movies, photos, games, etc.) from mobile and portable devices on large screens and projectors.
FXI Cotton Candy, the PC on a stick, may very well open up even more exciting embedded computing applications around the corner, and we’ll be ready to talk about it here at Mint Gadgets. If you’re interested in learning more about the cotton candy miniature PC on a stick, you can visit the comunity website at cstick.com where development units are available now for pre-order.
Source: [FXI - cstick.com]
If you need a portable digital scanning solution that you can take anywhere check out the Doxie Go Smart Digital Scanner. This lightweight and small footprint digital scanner is simple to use. To scan your documents, all you have to do is switch it on and feed your documents through. The battery-powered scanner can save the scanned images to an SD memory card, USB flash drive, or your desktop or notebook computer.
The Doxie Go Smart Digital Scanner can handle a full range of document sizes and varieties. It’s a the perfect portable document management solution when you’re on the road, away from your office. The scanning possibilities are limitless, you can feed the Go Smart scanner receipts, tickets, invoices, purchase orders, bills, bank notes, marketing flyers, photographs, legal documents, and more.
When you’re out of the office, traveling or on the road, you simply scan your documents and save them in the scanner’s internal memory or on an inserted SD memory card or USB flash drive. Then when you return to your office or home, just hook up the Doxie Go Smart Scanner to your computer or notebook with the USB cable and transfer your scanned images and files in no time at all. Transferring files to your computer works very similar to a digital camera.
The Doxie scanner includes helpful, easy-to-use software for storing, managing and editing your scanned files on your computer. And with the included software you can easily publish your scanned files to the Cloud. You can also download a free iPad or iPhone app and access your scanned files from anywhere in the world from the Cloud.
The included software makes storing, managing and editing files on your computer an absolute doddle. From the easy-to-use interface you can even publish your scanned files to the Cloud. Simply download the free CloudApp onto your iPad or iPhone and you can access your files from anywhere in the world.
The Doxie Go Smart Scanner is truly lightweight and portable. It will take up minimal space in your travel bag, suitcase, computer bag or even your briefcase. And you’ll discover how convenient it is when you don’t have to power up your notebook computer every time you need to scan a quick copy of an important document.
Doxie Go Smart Digital Scanner Features
- Compact, portable digital scanner, scan any documents while you’re on the go. No need to fire up a notebook or computer.
- Save the scanned files to the scanner internal memory, SD card, USB flash drive or a connected computer.
- Includes ability to upload files directly to the Cloud. You can access your scanned files online from your PC, MAC, iPad or iPhone.
- Included Doxie 2.0 companion software will sync scans with your computer, create multi-page searchable PDFs, and send your scanned files to local applications as well as the Cloud.
- Resolution: up to 600 DPI.
- Scan speed: 8 seconds per page at 300 dpi color, 5 seconds per 4″x6″ photo at 300 dpi color.
- Page size: scan documents from business card up to full 8.5″ x 12” document including A4 and US letter size documents.
- Output file formats: PDF, JPEG, PNG; Color, black and white.
- OCR: Create searchable PDFs with ABBYY® OCR1
- Connections: Connect via USB cable/port to sync files and charge the battery.
- Internal memory: can store up to 600 pages or 2400 photos.
- Expansion memory: SD card slot and USB flash drive port.
- Built-in lithium-ion battery supports 100 scans per charge and recharges in about 2 hours from the USB connection.
- Dimensions: 26.7 cm in width, 4.35 cm in height, 5.6 cm in depth.
- Weight: 403 grams.
With the advances in mobile technology expanding every day, more and more people are finding creative ways to take the office with them on the road. Add the Doxie Go Smart Digital Scanner to your arsenal of mobile, “road-warrior ready” tools and tricks.
With so much focus on mobile and portable computing, don’t overlook the computing horsepower, ultra-compact footprint and ever lower prices of the desktop computers available today. The ASUS EB1021-B028E Nettop PC is a new offering from ASUS in the growing nettop category that packs some of the most powerful features in an attractive and sleek ultra-compact PC design.
The ASUS EB1021-B028E Nettop PC provides plenty of performance to drive full HD entertainment. This ultra-compact PC design is equipped with a VESA mounting capability so you can easily attach on the back of a suitable monitor. Not only a smart space-saving footprint, this nettop PC is also super energy efficient. Equipped with an efficient 1.65 GHz AMD Dual-Core E-450 processor, the Super Hybrid Engine technology designed by ASUS boosts system performance while lowering power consumption by as much as 70%.
Don’t let the small, compact footprint fool you into thinking this might be a wimpy, low-powered machine. Not the case! This ASUS nettop computer can easily handle the peak demands of high-performance tasks including DirectX 11 applications, fast wireless communications, and full HD entertainment. And the EB1021 nettop is equipped with 2GB of fast DDR3 memory for superb multimedia performance.
ASUS EB1021-B028E Nettop PC Features
- AMD Dual-Core E-450 1.65GHz Processor. A powerful processor and energy efficient too.
- 2GB of DDR3 Memory. High speed RAM for great multimedia performance.
- 320GB SATA hard drive provides lots of storage space for all of your digital needs.
- AMD Integrated Radeon HD 6320 GPU easily supports 1080p, full HD media applications.
- 802.11 b/g/n WiFi network with wireless antenna for simple connection to your home Wi-Fi network.
- Super Hybrid Engine technology consumes 70% less energy.
- Ultra-compact PC design saves space and looks great.
- Attractive sleek black case is compatible with any environment.
- Bundled with Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
We especially love the low price of the ASUS EB1021-B02E Nettop PC. All of this great computing performance in a super-compact form factor for only $329.99 at TigerDirect (and comes with free shipping)!
I don’t know about you, but I can never manage to have enough backup disk space. With all the computer systems, media files, images, and software archives that I need to keep fully backed up, it just seems like I never have enough room on my backup drives. If you’re looking for the absolute best in a huge capacity external hard drive then you’ll want to pay close attention to the Fantom GreenDrive 2 TB External Hard Drive.
First of all, the Fantom GreenDrive External Hard Drive provides 2 TB of disk storage space. That’s 2 trillion bytes of storage! Now maybe eventually you will fill this drive up, but that’s a huge amount of disk storage.
Here’s where this external hard drive really shines. The Fantom GreenDrive supports both the USB 2.0 and eSATA interface for high performance throughput and is designed with an advanced technology that reduces power consumption by up to 40 percent.
And customer feedback validates that this drive is really capable of lightening fast performance through the eSATA interface, more so than the USB 2.0 (eSATA is a higher performance specification than USB 2.0). It only makes sense that the larger the storage capacity, the more you’ll depend on fast, high performance to move files to and from the external hard drive.
Minimize Your Carbon Footprint Without Giving Up Performance with the Fantom GreenDrive 2 TB External Hard Drive
Not only does the Fantom GreenDrive achieve a remarkable reduced power consumption footprint, it is also manufactured to conform with the ROHS (Restriction of Hazardous Substances) directive. Without question, the Fantom GreenDrive truly raises the bar on power saving technology and materials design to earn this green eco-friendly distinction.
The Fantom GreenDrive 2 TB External Hard Drive is constructed with a durable aluminum case and has a fanless design for silent operation. The fanless design is also part of the power saving capability. The external hard drive can be positioned horizontally or vertically on a stand to maximize your limited desktop space.
The Fantom GD200EU GreenDrive yields an average hard drive power savings of 4 to 5 watts compared to other competitor’s hard drives. This substantial power savings translates to an amazing CO2 emission footprint reduction of up to 60 kilograms per year. That’s equivalent to taking your automobile off the road for fourteen days each year. Perhaps you’ve never worried too much about the environmental impact of your external hard drive but it’s nice to know that that you’ll be making a difference with a Fantom External Hard Drive!
Think the Fantom GreenDrive is going to be too expensive! Well, we saved the best news for last. You can pick up the Fantom GreenDrive 2 TB External Hard Drive at TigerDirect at the unbelievable low price of $139.97. Are you kidding me, $139.97 for a 2 TB hard drive. Now that is amazing!
A keyboard with glowing keys or a backlit keyboard might be an ideal choice for those who always work in low light conditions. But if your current keyboard is still working fine and you want to save money on something else, the Glowing Keyboard Stickers will come in very handy. Glowing Keyboard Stickers provide very inexpensive keyboard illumination for your computer. Although you might say that you’re familiar with your keys and you don’t need it, you still do glance down for various tasks. Maybe to find a few shortcuts that you’re not familiar with.
First of all, the Glowing Keyboard Stickers do not really glow. Since the words are made from florescent print, they reflect any light, no matter how faint, that is currently available in the room. So, if you are looking for something that really glows, you may want to consider other products. However, the letters are clear and bright enough to be read.
The keyboard stickers are also carefully cut into standard keyboard sizes so that you can stick it easily to your keys. It can be easily removed using a pair of tweezers to remove them from the backing and apply them to the keys. If you did not apply it properly for the first time, it can be easily peeled off without leaving any residue and apply it again. In the case of non-standard keys, you can easily cut the keyboard stickers and apply it nicely. The most important thing while applying these stickers is to be patient as it will be time consuming. At just under $10, with these glowing keyboard stickers, your keyboard functions just like a backlit keyboard.