Desk Pet Tankbots with Smartphone Controller
February 21, 2012 by mintgadgets
Your cluttered desktop is full of obstacles like your computer mouse, coffee mugs, staplers, notebook computers, etc., right? Maybe you didn’t realize, but this clutter creates the ideal obstacle driving course for the Desk Pet Tankbots. These clever little mini-robot remote controlled gadgets are actually masters at navigating in and around any maze.
The amusing little Desk Pet Tankbot is equipped with an advanced optical navigation technology. It can search at detect any obstacle in its path at easily navigate around it. This is the pinnacle of procrastination busting, robotic desktop entertainment at its best.
This ingenious little Desk Pet Tankbot can operate in three different modes.
- Touchless navigation – detects objects in its path with optical navigation technology and can automatically navigate through the maze on your desktop.
- Autonomous personality mode – spins around and shows off its lights and sounds.
- Smartphone control – use your Smartphone or iPhone as a remote control to steer and guide the Desk Pet Tankbot.
And what’s better than one Tankbot. Well, two tankbots, of course! Desk Pet Tankbots can “fire” infrared shots at each other and the tankbot optical sensors can detect when they’ve been hit. After enough shots, the winner disables the loser.
Smartphone Controlled Desk Pet Tankbots Demonstration
Smartphone Controlled Desk Pet Tankbots Features
- Avoids and steers around obstacles with advanced optical navigation technology.
- The little tankbot has a personality too with light-up eyes and cute little robot sounds.
- Tankbots are randomly picked from four different colors (Grey ,Blue, Orange, and Green). Sorry, you can’t order the color you prefer, but they’re all great Tankbot colors.
- Come on, you know your desk needs a maze-navigating tank robot.
- Three modes of operation: touchless navigation, autonomous personality mode, smartphone remote control.
- Compatible with iOS devices and Android devices (2.1 and up), you can download the free remote control tankbot app from the App Store or Android Market.
- Insert the DeskPet Universal Remote into your headphone jack to control your TankBot.
- Includes the integrated USB flip out connector to recharge using your computer USB port.
- Automatic shut-off after 3 minutes of inactivity to conserve battery life.
- Internal rechargeable battery provides 15 minutes of tankbot play time from a 40 minute battery charge.
- Suitable for Ages 8 and Up
A Desk Pet Tankbot (or two) provides hours of desktop mini-robot fun entertainment. Get your Desk Pet Tankbot today!