The Energy Detective Electricity Monitor
February 26, 2009 by Michael
We have posted many eco-friendly gadgets here at Mintgadgets aimed at reducing your power consumption in your home. Today’s gadget is one that will help you determine how much power electrical items in your home are actually costing you. The gadget is called The Energy Detective Electricity Monitor and allows you to monitor in real time your electricity usage.
Displayed in an easy to understand format, the Energy Detective Electricity Monitor has an LED display which allows you to confirm what your electricity bills says, i.e. you are wasting too much energy.
The Energy Detective Electricity Monitor Features
- Allows you to see your entire electricity usage at a glance
- Energy consumption in kilowatts (kW)
- Energy consumed so far today in dollars and kilowatt-hours (kWh)
- Projected energy cost for current billing cycle in $ and kWh
- Peak use so far this billing cycle in $/hr
- Min/Max voltage this billing cycle in Volts
- Built-in alarms alert you to high energy use or to keep energy costs below a monthly budget
- A qualified homeowner or electrician can easily install TED in about 10-15 minutes
- Accurate to within +/- 2%
- Optional real-time data logging software available from the manufacturer