Celestron Ultima 100 – 45 Degree Spotting Scope
January 31, 2012 by mintgadgets
If you’re not familiar with spotting scopes, these useful optical devices fall somewhere between binoculars and an astronomical telescope, probably a little closer to a telescope than a binocular. Designed in a more compact and portable form, a spotting scope is optimized for viewing terrestrial objects and has additional optics to present the viewing image right-side-up.Typically, refractor and some reflector telescopes will orient the image upside down and you need an extra attachment called an “erect image prism diagonal” to present the image right-side-up (but usually reversed left-to-right). A “spotting scope” already has this image orientation correcting ability built in.
The Celestron Ultima 100 – 45 Degree Spotting Scope is one of the very best you can buy with superior optics and magnification power. The Celestron Ultima 100 has a 100mm aperture (3.95 inches) which means 50 percent brighter images (allows more light in) that the Celestron 80mm model. The additional light that the larger aperture can collect also means better performance in low light conditions. Spotting scope models more commonly have smaller objective diameters, usually between 50mm and 80mm (2.0 to 3.1 inches) which means less light. The Celestron Ultima 100 has one of the largest objective diameters available.
The Celestron Ultima 100 – 45 Degree Spotting Scope is manufactured with top quality multi-coated optics and housed in a sturdy and durable refractor design. The spotting scope comes with a standard 22x to 66x zoom eyepiece. The high-quality waterproof construction is safe to use in even the most extreme weather conditions. And the convenient, easy-to-use portable scope also comes with a soft protective carrying case.
People use spotting scopes for all kinds of applications including observing nature. Serious bird lovers and outdoor enthusiasts often prefer using a high-quality spotting scope over binoculars for better and more precise remote distance viewing. Other typical spotting scope applications include target shooting (marksmen use spotting scopes on target ranges to avoid walking to the target to verify the placement of hits), and astronomy.
Celestron Ultima 100 – 45 Degree Spotting Scope Features
- Ultima 22-66 x 100 Refractor Spotting Scope
- Weight: (approximate) 4.50 pounds
- Optical Tube Length: 19 inches
- Magnification: 22x to 66x
- Angular Field of View: 1.8° to 1° Real
- Objective Diameter: 100 mm (3.95 inches)
- Includes a protective soft carrying case
- Waterproof design, protected from the elements in extreme weather conditions
- Eye Relief 18 mm
- Linear Field of View: 95 ft to 53 ft @ 1000 yards
- 45° viewing angle
- 22-66x zoom eyepiece
- Sight tube for quick targeting
- Camera Adaptable: built-in t-thread on eyepiece allows you to attach a digital camera adapter and use your favorite digital camera with your spotting scope to take spectacular photographs (adapter is optional, not included)
- Tripod Adaptable: has mounting attachment to easily attach a tripod to the spotting scope (tripod not included)
- No fault manufacturer’s warranty
The Celestron Ultima 100 – 45 Degree Spotting Scope has been designed to out-perform the competition in a full range of viewing situations and will provide almost every outdoor enthusiast with a terrific all-around optical instrument.