The Parrot ZIK Touch Activated Bluetooth Headphones, created by Phillipe Starck, combine a beautiful and aesthetic design with impressive, high-end advanced technology.
Equipped with four active microphones, these superior headphones feature best-in-class patented Active Noise Cancellation (ANC). The Parrot ZIK headphones achieve up to 98% noise reduction almost completely isolating noise and sound from the external environment. Very impressive.
One of the most unique features of the Parrot ZIK headphones is the head detection sensor hidden in the foam of the ear piece that is able to detect when you have the headphones in place over your ears and when you have removed the headphones. The sensor will pause and restart the music. Simply take the headphones off of your ears to pause the music so you can turn your focus to someone who might be trying to get your attention and have a conversation with you. Place the headphones back over your ears and resume listening to the music where you left off. Now how cool and convenient is that?
The headphone usability is unmatched with an innovative interface based on a touch-sensitive panel built into the right ear cup. When the Parrot headphones are connected to your music source via Bluetooth, a simple up and down swipe increases and lowers the volume, and a forward and back swipe lets you easily navigate or skip music tracks.
The Parrot ZIK headphones deliver astounding true-to-life sound, a capability that they call the “Parrot Concert Hall” effect. The impressive audio sensation approaches the sound of a live concert and provides a more natural way to listen to music, an improvement over most other typical wireless headphones.
Keep up with the latest wireless technology with two wireless solutions, Bluetooth and Near Field Communication (NFC). No wires or cables to get tangled up in, you can use the wireless connection to make crystal clear phone calls or listen to full range concert hall quality audio. You can choose to control phone calls and music with voice recognition, from the headphone’s touch panel or with the Parrot Audio Suite App available for both iPhone and Android smartphones.
The Parrot Audio Suite is an exclusive downloadable app for your smartphone that enables you to control your music through the wireless Bluetooth or NFC interface. With the Parrot Audio Suite, you’re able to manipulate all of the audio settings to customize and enhance the sound to your personal preference.
Audio streaming and device control is compatible with all Bluetooth enabled devices and the Parrot ZIK headphones is also integrated with NFC (Near Field Communications) letting you easily pair, connect and enjoy music from NFC compatible devices.
The Parrot ZIK Bluetooth headphones are designed with two directional microphones and a jawbone conductor that captures your jawbone sound vibration and merges it with the sound of your voice for clearer phone calls, even in noisy environments. And another really convenient capability of the embedded head detection sensor, if you receive a phone call while listening to music, you can simply remove your headphones and your call will be automatically transferred back to your smartphone. Very smart and convenient.
Parrot Zik Bluetooth Headphones Key Features
- Sleek and modern design, very appealing and slick.
- Four active microphones provide superior Active Noise Cancellation (ANC).
- Easy to use touch-sensitive panel built in.
- Unique and convenient head detection sensor.
- “Parrot Concert Hall” for stunning audio realism.
- Bluetooth wireless connectivity.
- NFC capability (pairing works with Android Jelly Bean today).
- Parrot Audio Suite downloadable app for iPhone and Android smartphones.
Parrot ZIK Bluetooth Headphones by Starck – Interview with Henri Seydoux and Philippe Starck
Parrot ZIK Touch Activated Bluetooth headphones Specifications
- Full dynamic frequency from 10 HZ to 20 KHz.
- 3.5 mm headphone jack for analog line in.
- Powered by a rechargeable Lithium Ion Battery.
- 6-hour usage time with all features activated.
- 18-hour usage time with only ANC activated.
- Longer 24-hour standby time.
- Bluetooth V 2.1 with AVRCP, A2DP, and HFP profiles.
- Downloadable apps for both iPhone and Android smartphones.
Parrot ZIK Touch Activated Bluetooth Headphones – What’s In The Box?
- Mini jack cable designed by Starck.
- Micro USB cable for charging and updating software.
- Protective lined carrying pouch.
- Quick start user guide provided in eight languages.
- The Parrot ZIK Bluetooth Headphones (of course).
The Parrot Audio Studio App for iPhone and Android Smartphones
Here’re a few screenshots of the Parrot Audio Studio app, available to download for free for both the iPhone and Android smartphones.
Experience the unmistakable style, sleek design and stunning technology of the Parrot ZIK Touch Activated Bluetooth Headphones.
FXI Technologies has recently just released in limited availability the Cotton Candy miniaturized dual-core PC computer the size of a USB flash drive.
The FXI cotton candy is referred to as an “any screen computer” which really means it’s a tiny miniaturized fully capable PC computer that doesn’t come with a screen or monitor. These miniaturized computer devices are ideal for embeded applications including portable set top box gaming and entertainment equipment, mobile “any screen” computing, and a full range of specialized applications including medical, automotive, security, surveillance, and other dedicated solutions.
This tiny fully contained computer is packed with impressive raw horsepower and offers integrated HDMI, USB and MicroUSB connectivity for surprising flexibility in the portable market.
And let’s talk about just how how tiny and compact. The Cotton Candy miniaturized PC on a stick weighs only 21 grams. That’s just a little over 1/2 ounce. The dimensions of this super miniaturized computer are roughly 3 inches in length and a bit over 1/2 inch in width.
The cotton candy architecture will lend itself as an ideal add on to smartphones, tablet computers and notebook PCs including Macs. In addition, the device is perfect for adding intelligent computing capabilities to displays, set top boxes and gaming consoles.
FXI Cotton Candy Technical Specifications
- ARM® Cortex™ A9 1.2GHz Central Processing Unit (CPU) with NEON extensions and Trustzone extensions.
- ARM® Mali™ 400MP Graphics Processing Unit (GPU) delivers 720p and 1080p OpenGL ES v2.0, can process 30M Polygons and 1.2 GPixels per second.
- Wifi 802.11 b/g/n network connectivity.
- Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR.
- 1GB DRAM memory.
- Up to 64GB expandable memory with microSD local storage.
- Supports standard OS’s including, Android (Gingerbread and Ice Cream Sandwich), Linux (Ubuntu), and includes embedded virtualization client for Windows, Linux, Mac.
- USB 2.0 port for power and connection to devices that support USB mass storage.
- HDMI 2.1 port with audio.
- Decodes MPEG-4, H.264 and other video formats, displays HD graphics on any HDMI equipped screen.
FXI Technologies (www.fxitech.com) is a Norway-based hardware and software startup with a focus on improving the world of digital screens with smart and personal capabilities. This includes initiatives
- Improving consumer access to Cloud computing.
- Accelerate the adoption and use of “smart screen” technologies.
- Easy ability to share media and content (videos, movies, photos, games, etc.) from mobile and portable devices on large screens and projectors.
FXI Cotton Candy, the PC on a stick, may very well open up even more exciting embedded computing applications around the corner, and we’ll be ready to talk about it here at Mint Gadgets. If you’re interested in learning more about the cotton candy miniature PC on a stick, you can visit the comunity website at cstick.com where development units are available now for pre-order.
Source: [FXI - cstick.com]
Your cluttered desktop is full of obstacles like your computer mouse, coffee mugs, staplers, notebook computers, etc., right? Maybe you didn’t realize, but this clutter creates the ideal obstacle driving course for the Desk Pet Tankbots. These clever little mini-robot remote controlled gadgets are actually masters at navigating in and around any maze.
The amusing little Desk Pet Tankbot is equipped with an advanced optical navigation technology. It can search at detect any obstacle in its path at easily navigate around it. This is the pinnacle of procrastination busting, robotic desktop entertainment at its best.
This ingenious little Desk Pet Tankbot can operate in three different modes.
- Touchless navigation – detects objects in its path with optical navigation technology and can automatically navigate through the maze on your desktop.
- Autonomous personality mode – spins around and shows off its lights and sounds.
- Smartphone control – use your Smartphone or iPhone as a remote control to steer and guide the Desk Pet Tankbot.
And what’s better than one Tankbot. Well, two tankbots, of course! Desk Pet Tankbots can “fire” infrared shots at each other and the tankbot optical sensors can detect when they’ve been hit. After enough shots, the winner disables the loser.
Smartphone Controlled Desk Pet Tankbots Demonstration
Smartphone Controlled Desk Pet Tankbots Features
- Avoids and steers around obstacles with advanced optical navigation technology.
- The little tankbot has a personality too with light-up eyes and cute little robot sounds.
- Tankbots are randomly picked from four different colors (Grey ,Blue, Orange, and Green). Sorry, you can’t order the color you prefer, but they’re all great Tankbot colors.
- Come on, you know your desk needs a maze-navigating tank robot.
- Three modes of operation: touchless navigation, autonomous personality mode, smartphone remote control.
- Compatible with iOS devices and Android devices (2.1 and up), you can download the free remote control tankbot app from the App Store or Android Market.
- Insert the DeskPet Universal Remote into your headphone jack to control your TankBot.
- Includes the integrated USB flip out connector to recharge using your computer USB port.
- Automatic shut-off after 3 minutes of inactivity to conserve battery life.
- Internal rechargeable battery provides 15 minutes of tankbot play time from a 40 minute battery charge.
- Suitable for Ages 8 and Up
A Desk Pet Tankbot (or two) provides hours of desktop mini-robot fun entertainment. Get your Desk Pet Tankbot today!
It’s winter and it’s cold outside. No way you’re going to take off your gloves or mittens to use your iPhone or Smartphone. We recently showed you a great smartphone compatible glove solution from AGloves that lets you use your phone with your gloves on. However, unlike the capacitive touch screen gloves that have conductive fibers woven into the gloves, Digits Condutive Glove Pins are a less expensive solution that actually convert your existing gloves or mittens into touchscreen compatible gloves.
Digits Conductive Glove Pins work with any pair of gloves or mittens that you already own. With these conductive glove pins, you can easily convert your gloves into smartphone compatible gloves that let you operate touch screen devices without having to take your gloves off.
Here’s how the Digits Conductive Glove Pins Work
Digits conductive glove pins are made of a conductive silicone material and have a metal pin on the back that attach to your glove. To install, you simply place the back side of the conductive pin digit with the post inside of the fingertip of the glove and push through. Then you twist the other side of the silicone pad onto the post.
The Digits Conductive Glove Pins are really easy to install. Each set comes with four conductive glove pins and you can mix and match anyway you want. For example, you could place all four conductive pins on a single pair of gloves. Or you could install two glove pins on the fingers of two separate pairs of gloves.
The Digits Conductive Glove Pins are compatible with most touchscreen devices including iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, Android phones, and more. Next time you’re outside in the bitter cold and your phone rings, keep your gloves on and skip the frostbite with a set of Digits Conductive Glove Pins!
It’s bitter cold outside and you have your gloves or mittens on. You know it’s impossible to use your iPhone, Android phone or any touch screen device for that matter. It simply doesn’t work with your gloves on. And nothing’s worse than to have to take your gloves off just to use phone. The problem is solved with the Agloves Capacitive Touch Screen Gloves.
Don’t let the freezing cold outside stop you from getting those tweets out, dialing your phone or checking that Facebook page. The Agloves Capacitive Touch Screen Gloves keep your hands and fingers warm and still allow you to use your touch screen device. No more frostbite when you’re out in the elements and you need to send those text messages.
The problem with regular gloves is that they’re not conductive. And that means they simply won’t work with any touch screen device. All of these wonderful devices that we’ve become so dependent on use a capacitive touch screen that’s designed to work by sensing very small minute changes in electrical current when you touch the screen with your finger. And most gloves simply block that electrical activity.
The Agloves Capacitive Touch Screen Gloves, more like cozy mittens actually, have thousands of tiny silver threads wrapped around the nylon fibers which allow the electrical contact from your fingers to reach the surface of the touch screen on your iPhone, iPad, Android phone or any other capacitive touch screen device.
The capacitive touch screen gloves are super cozy, warm and snuggly and are stretchable to provide a nice snug fit which helps optimize the contact with your touch screen device as well. They come in two sizes, medium and large. To determine the proper fit, wrap a measuring tape around your hand, across your palm, just under your knuckles, and don’t include your thumb. See the agloves fitting chart for sizing details.
It’s the winter season, and it’s cold outside. Now you can keep your hands warm and comfortable with the Agloves Capacitive Touch Screen Gloves and never skip a beat again when you’re out in the elements with your iPhone, Android phone, iPad, or iPod. These are the digital age mittens you’ve been looking for!