Lower Your Handicap with the iPing Golf Putting App
July 3, 2011 by Michael
Ping is a distinguished company within the sport of golf. Many people do not know that it is a family owned business first started by Karsten Solheim. Historically Karsten was unhappy with his putting or more likely his putter and started work on a club himself. After a while Karsten developed a putter which made a “ping” noise when a golf ball was struck and that is where the company got its name from. Nowadays, Ping is renowned for its innovative products and quality golf gadgets.
The latest offering from Ping is the iPING Golf Putter app. This is an iPhone app for golfers that tracks and calculates a Putting Handicap (PHcp). Keeping a track on this data allows golfers to monitor their putting performance when changing grip, putter club, stance, gloves or any other variable.
Ideal for beginners up to experts, a PING cradle (available from Ping retailers) must be purchased along with an Apple iPhone 4 or 4th Generation iPod Touch. Once you have these items it is just a case of downloading the app for free from iTunes.
iPING Putter App Features:
- iPING motion sensing technology tracks swing of the club by user.
- Analyzes impact angle between golf club and ball to improve mechanics.
- Classifies a users stroke rotation, this allows for combining the right putter to the golfers swing.
- Measures the pace of swing which allows improved control of the club and therefore the putting.
- Compares your stroke with friends or even tournament professionals.
Just to clarify the iPING Putter App requires the PING Cradle to work correctly; this can be bought for $30 from Ping retailers. Also the iPING Putter app can only be used to improve the putting game as opposed to drives, chips, iron shots, etc.