FXI Technologies has recently just released in limited availability the Cotton Candy miniaturized dual-core PC computer the size of a USB flash drive.
The FXI cotton candy is referred to as an “any screen computer” which really means it’s a tiny miniaturized fully capable PC computer that doesn’t come with a screen or monitor. These miniaturized computer devices are ideal for embeded applications including portable set top box gaming and entertainment equipment, mobile “any screen” computing, and a full range of specialized applications including medical, automotive, security, surveillance, and other dedicated solutions.
This tiny fully contained computer is packed with impressive raw horsepower and offers integrated HDMI, USB and MicroUSB connectivity for surprising flexibility in the portable market.
And let’s talk about just how how tiny and compact. The Cotton Candy miniaturized PC on a stick weighs only 21 grams. That’s just a little over 1/2 ounce. The dimensions of this super miniaturized computer are roughly 3 inches in length and a bit over 1/2 inch in width.
The cotton candy architecture will lend itself as an ideal add on to smartphones, tablet computers and notebook PCs including Macs. In addition, the device is perfect for adding intelligent computing capabilities to displays, set top boxes and gaming consoles.
FXI Cotton Candy Technical Specifications
- ARM® Cortex™ A9 1.2GHz Central Processing Unit (CPU) with NEON extensions and Trustzone extensions.
- ARM® Mali™ 400MP Graphics Processing Unit (GPU) delivers 720p and 1080p OpenGL ES v2.0, can process 30M Polygons and 1.2 GPixels per second.
- Wifi 802.11 b/g/n network connectivity.
- Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR.
- 1GB DRAM memory.
- Up to 64GB expandable memory with microSD local storage.
- Supports standard OS’s including, Android (Gingerbread and Ice Cream Sandwich), Linux (Ubuntu), and includes embedded virtualization client for Windows, Linux, Mac.
- USB 2.0 port for power and connection to devices that support USB mass storage.
- HDMI 2.1 port with audio.
- Decodes MPEG-4, H.264 and other video formats, displays HD graphics on any HDMI equipped screen.
FXI Technologies (www.fxitech.com) is a Norway-based hardware and software startup with a focus on improving the world of digital screens with smart and personal capabilities. This includes initiatives
- Improving consumer access to Cloud computing.
- Accelerate the adoption and use of “smart screen” technologies.
- Easy ability to share media and content (videos, movies, photos, games, etc.) from mobile and portable devices on large screens and projectors.
FXI Cotton Candy, the PC on a stick, may very well open up even more exciting embedded computing applications around the corner, and we’ll be ready to talk about it here at Mint Gadgets. If you’re interested in learning more about the cotton candy miniature PC on a stick, you can visit the comunity website at cstick.com where development units are available now for pre-order.
Source: [FXI - cstick.com]