Panasonic have added another model to their list of digital cameras called the Panasonic Lumix DMC-FX580.Â Featuring touch-screen technology the Lumix DMC-FX580 is packed with features and designed with high quality imagery in mind. For example the Panasonic Lumix DMC-FX580 features a 12.1 megapixel sensor, 5 x optical zoom, a 25mm ultra wide angle LEICA DC Lens, and a 3 inch Touchscreen display.
“With Face Recognition, when a familiar face is recorded several times, the camera will prompt the user to register the face. Once registered, if the familiar face appears in the frame again, the camera will display the name specified for that person and prioritize focus and exposure so that the face is bright and sharply focused. During registration, the user can change the icon that indicates when the registered subject is in focus and the person’s age can also be added. In playback, users can choose to display only photos that contain a specific registered face using Category Playback, so organizing and viewing photos is much easier”.
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FX580 Specifications
- 12.1 effective Megapixel CCD
- 3-inch LCD display with 230,000 pixels
- F2.8-5.9, 5X optical zoom lens, equivalent to 25 – 125 mm
- ISO sensitivity of 80-6400
- Optical image stabilization
- new Venus Engine V processor
- Intelligent Auto and Panorama Assist features
- Records movies at 1280 x 720 (30 fps) using the M-JPEG codec
- Max. 5 images. In 3-megapixel (4:3), 2.5-megapixel (3:2), 2-megapixel (16:9) recording.
- 40MB onboard memory + SD/SDHC/MMC slot
- Uses a proprietary li-ion battery; 350 shots per charge
- Macro Zoom function lets users pull subjects even closer to capture dramatic close-up shots by using the 3x digital zoom in the wide-angle.
- High-Speed Burst (Speed Priority) that fires off approx. 10 shots per second*4.