First revealed online before few months, I’m Watch is a smartphone simpatico wristwatch, which is planned to work with Android based mobile phones though it’s reportedly also compatible with the iOS devices as well. It is being formulated by an Italian manufacturer, and is now available for pre-order. Initially the rate was pretty high, but it is now being extended in a cheaper, colored version called I’m Color. This watch has been scheduled to be released by this October.
The I’m Watch website showcases 2 versions of the product. I’m Jewel is a opulence version, that is designed with precious materials such as titanium, gold and it also includes diamonds, with its rates ranges up to EUR11,999 from EUR599 i.e. US$840 – $16,833. The I’m Color collection is priced at EUR249 i.e. US $349, nevertheless, you would need to pay 20 % of the price in advance to have your order to be secured. The current offer will end until July 18, according to their website.
The company behind I’m Watch is the Milan based Blue Sky s.r.l, this device boasts the following:
- Android smartphone & iPhone 4 connectivity via Bluetooth.
- It’ll allow the users to make calls and receive to receive them, e-mails and text messages as well.
- Users will be able to use its speakerphone for making hands free calls.
- Through its touchscreen, its users will be able to view the most popular social networking sites such as Twitter, Foursquare and Facebook notifications, and also a photo gallery.
- Exclusive applications will be usable for download through the “I’m Store” and also the music via “I’music”.
The I’m Watch’s Specifications:
- 1.54” 240×240 pixel color TFT display,
- 4GB of built-in storage
- 64MB RAM, * Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR support
- >Li-Po 600 mAh battery.
The I’m Watch looks still a fair distance from completion, and its description is quite brief at the moment. Shipping date however is set from 31st October 2011.
[Source: i'm Watch]